Updated: Aug 9
Squarespace’s homepage is certainly nice to look at. Among all the website builders we’ve tested, hardly any other company understands how to stage its product with such perfection. Everything looks cool, fresh, and impeccable. Let’s find out if the website builder follows suit.
Squarespace’s latest version 7 introduces some new features like a Cover Page Builder, G Suite, and Getty Images. However, the most important aspect is the editor’s usability. Now it’s possible to edit content live, without switching back and forth between the site manager and preview mode. We’re big fans of inline editing as it makes things not only less abstract but also faster.
Please note that our work is supported by different website builders and we offer other services too, Learn more here.
Table of Contents -
1 Squarespace Review
2 Squarespace Website Costing
3 How to build a website using Squarespace Website Builder
4 Pros of Squarespace Website Builder
5 Cons of Squarespace website builder
Squarespace Review 2020 -
As you know Squarespace website builder is a Drag and Drop website builder like Wix, Weebly, Jimdo Website Builders. but what's the difference and what are unique points of Squarespace Website builder, How is it User Friendly and what types of businesses can opt for Squarespace Website builder?
Squarespace Website Costing -
Personal - $12/Month
A good solution if you don't need an online store and just an Informative simple website.
Business - $18/Month
Includes an online store with a transaction fee of 3%, if you are a startup company.
Basic Commerce - $26/Month
Sell online without transaction fees with basic Ecommerce Functionality.
Advance Commerce - $40/Month
Use advanced e-commerce features like Instagram products, Abandoned Cart Recovery, and many more.
You can check out more details about price comparison and the Functionalities list here.
So pricing point of view Squarespace is costly as compared to Wix and Weebly Website Builder, Also you don't get any free Domain or website publishing option. also starting price of this website builder is higher as compared to App Integration Options, Ecommerce Functionality, and blog Options.
How to build a website using Squarespace Website Builder -
Choose a template and start a free trial.
Get a domain name for your site - get a free custom domain name for the first year of an annual website plan.
Use the CMS website builder tools to add your own text and photos.
Make a website that fits your brand by choosing from hundreds of fonts, colors, and stock photo options.
If you don’t have a logo, you can create a logo using the free logo maker.
Publish your site and promote it using social media features and email marketing tools.
Squarespace Features List -
Pros of Squarespace Website Builder -
1) Pre Available block Design Elements to choose from - You can select a Free theme and get started editing and can connect with your personal domain if you upgrade the plan, Squarespace also offers pre-built elements for your website page so you can choose among ready-made elements like Our Team, Slider, Portfolio sections and place it by pressing + Button to add a section.
2) Easy to Manage - It's easy to Drag and Drop a Website builder and you can use the WYSIWYG Builder experience and you can preview Desktop, Mobile, and Tablet Versions on the go.
3) Easy for SEO Management - Squarespace offers a great SEO setup with integrated SEO option integration and options to upload social media options.
4) Nice Blog Setup - You can use SEO Friendly Blog Options with options like Slug, URL, AMP Version of Blog, and Website Analytics support.
5) Modern Looking Full Width, Parallax-based Website Templates - Check out Squarespace's different website templates for businesses like local businesses, blog, portfolios, CVs, and many more.
6) Eye-Catching UI Design Concepts - Full-width, dynamic templates with modern-looking User Interface design and dynamic sliders, sections, block-based design.
Cons of Squarespace website builder -
1 Costly Plans - Squarespace is one of the costly Drag and Drop Website builders.
2 Limited Templates - You will see only a few types of businesses and entrepreneurs can opt for Squarespace website builder, also they have very limited Templates.
3 Limited Apps - You just get only around 10 Third-party app integration offered by Squarespace so that limits the use of this website builder.
4 Extensions are costly -
Their limited Apps are also costly and start from a $19 or $39 per month basis which is highly priced.
5 Limited Business Types can use this Builder -
As per Website Templates list, you will notice that Squarespace website builder is not for all types of business if you want a specific-based template then you need to either custom code or custom design those templates.
6 If you need a Custom Design section, you need to be technical -
If you don't know how to code then you can't do custom coding or designing in Squarespace website Builder.
7 You need to hire a Squarespace Web Designer if you want a Customized Look and Feel -
As per the limited template list and business, types can use Squarespace website builder, you need to hire a Squarespace website Builder expert to get your website design. If you need help with squarespace website design contact us today.
8 For SEO Services you need to Hire Squarespace SEO Freelancers -
If you want your website to rank Locally and Globally on Top Search Engines then you need to hire Squarespace SEO Expert, contact us today.
9 It's a Web Based Website Builder -
So if you want a modern-looking website or eCommerce store with basic features and a modern-looking UI then Squarespace will be the best website builder for you but of course with heavy pocket expenses also ready to compromise with features, third-party integrations, and SEO Setup.