Squarespace Review 2020 - Pros and Cons of the Site Builder
Updated: Jun 10
Squarespace’s homepage is certainly nice to look at. Among all website builders we’ve tested, hardly any other company understands how to stage its product with such perfection. Everything looks cool, fresh and impeccable. Let’s find out if the website builder follows suit.
Squarespace’s latest version 7 introduces some new features like a Cover Page Builder, G Suite and Getty Images. However, the most important aspect is the editor’s usability. Now it’s possible to edit content live, without switching back and forth between the site manager and preview mode. We’re big fans of inline editing as it makes things not only less abstract but also faster.
Please note that our work is supported by different website builders and we offer other services too, Learn more here.
Table of Contents -
1 Squarespace Review
2 Squarespace Website Costing
3 How to build a website using squarespace website Builder
4 Pros of Squarespace Website Builder
5 Cons of squarespace website builder
Squarespace Review 2020 -
As you know Squarespace website builder is a Drag and Drop website builder like Wix, Weebly, Jimdo Website Builders. but what's the difference and what's unique points of Squarespace Website builder, How is it User Friendly and what types of business can opt for Squarespace Website builder.
Squarespace Website Costing -
Personal - $12/Month
A good solution if you don't need an online store and just Informative simple website.
Business - $18/Month
Includes an online store with a transaction fee of 3% , if you are a startup company.
Basic Commerce - $26/Month
Sell online without transaction fees with basic Ecommerce Functionality.
Advance Commerce - $40/Month
Use advanced ecommerce features like Instagram product, Abandoned Cart Recovery and many more.
You can check out more details about price comparison and Functionalities list here.
So pricing point of view Squarespace is costly as compare to Wix and Weebly Website Builder, Also you don't get any free Domain or website publishing option. also starting price of this website builder is higher as compare to App Integration Options, Ecommerce Functionality and blog Option.
How to build a website using squarespace website Builder -
Choose a template and start a free trial.
Get a domain name for your site - get a free custom domain name for the first year of an annual website plan.
Use the CMS website builder tools to add your own text and photos.
Make a website that fits your brand by choosing from hundreds of fonts, colors, and stock photo options.
If you don’t have a logo, you can create a logo using the free logo maker.
Publish your site and promote it using social media features and email marketing tools.
Squarespace Features List -
Pros of Squarespace Website Builder -
1) Pre avilable Block Design Elements to choose - You can select a Free theme and get started to editing and can connect with personal domain if you upgrade the plan, Squarespace also offers pre built elements for your website page so you can choose among ready made elements like Our Team, Slider, Portfolio sections and place it by pressing + Button to add a section.
2) Easy to Manage - It's easy to Drag and Drop Website builder and you can use WYSIWYG Builder experience and you can preview Desktop, Mobile, Tablet Versions on the go.
3) Easy for SEO Management - Squarespace offers great seo setup with integrated seo option integration and options to upload social media option.
4) Nice Blog Setup - You can use SEO Friendly Blog Option with options like Slug, URL, AMP Version of Blog, Website Analytics support.
5) Modern Looking Full Width, Parallax based Website Templates - Check out Squarespace different website templates for business like local business, blog, portfolio, cv and many more.
6) Eye Catching UI Design Concepts - Full width, dynamic templates with modern looking User Interface design and dynamic sliders, sections, block based design.
Cons of squarespace website builder -
1 Costly Plans - Squarespace is one of the costly Drag and Drop Website Builder.
2 Limited Templates - You will see only few types of business and entrepreneurs can opt for squarespace website builder, also they have very limited Templates.
3 Limited Apps - You just get only around 10 Third party app integration offered by squarespace so that limits the use of this website builder.
4 Extension are costly - Their limited Apps are also costly and starts from $19 or $39 per month basis which is highly priced.
5 Limited Business Types can use this Builder - As per Website Templates list, you will notice that squarespace website builder is not for all types of business if you want specific based tempalte then you need to either custom code or customs design those templates.
6 If you need Custom Design section, you need to have be technical - If you don't know how to code then you can't do custom coding or designing in Squarespace website Builder.
7 You need to hire a Squarespace Web Designer if you want Customized Look and Feel -
As per limited template list and business types can use Squarespace website builder, you need to hire squarespace website Builder expert to get your website design. If you need help with squarespace website design contact us today.
8 For SEO Services you need to Hire Squarespace SEO Freelancers - If you want your website to rank Locally and Globally on Top Search Engines then you need to hire squarespace SEO Expert, contact us today.
So if you want modern looking website or ecommerce store with basic features and modern looking UI then squarespace will be the best website builder for you but of course with heavy pocket expense also ready to compromise with features, third party integrations and SEO Setup.